The New York Infirmary for Indigent Women and Children was established by the doctors Elizabeth Blackwell and her sister Emily Blackwell in New York in 1853. The hospital’s name and location went through several changes after it was founded. The first medical college for women was opened as an offshoot of Blackwell’s infirmary. … Read more.
New York Times
March 26, 1878: A large audience was in attendance tonight in New York’s Union League lecture room for a meeting called by the Association for the Advancement of the Medical Education of Women. This new organization would like to increase the quality of education women physicians in the U.S.… Read more.